With one (1) out of every 120 residents in Waushara County being arrested for marijuana reform you would think the Senator would consider reform options, like decriminalization. NO
The largest city in Waushara County is approximately only 2,000 people. This rural county has created more marijuana criminals over the past ten years the number surpasses the population of the largest city. Other counties in the Senate District 14 are just as bad. You would think the Senator would want to find out more, after all, he is our "education leader". NO
Over the past 10 years one of the NORML Board Members in Wisconsin has lived in this district and he sadly reports the Senator has failed his district on the issue and deserves a F.
Holds office State Senate District 14
- Born Berlin, Wisconsin, February 26, 1951; married.
- Graduate Berlin High School, 1969; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1973; Wisconsin Rural Leadership Program Group IV, 1990–92.
- Partner in farm supply dealerships.
- Member: University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics Authority (UWHCA) Board of Directors, serving on Finance, Audit, and Executive Committees; Conservative Leaders for Education; Education Commission of the States (ECS) Executive Committee; National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Education Committee, Agriculture Task Force, Education Policy Work Group, and International Education Study Group.
- Former member: Waushara County Fair Board (director); Family Health/La Clinica director, 1995–99.
- Berlin Area School Board, 1976–97 (president 1986–95).
- Elected to Assembly 1994–2002. Elected to Senate since 2004.
Member of Education Commission of the States, Educational Communications Board and State Capitol and Executive Residence Board
December 2010 Senator addressed a NORML meeting and predicted marijuana would be legal in the next 10 years.
In 2010 said would vote yes to medical marijuana if it ever got to his desk.
In 2011 he was recalled and during recall election forum said he did NOT support medical marijuana.
State Capitol, Room 122 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882