In past sessions medical marijuana bills died under the watch of Rep. Sanfelippo from New Berlin. As Chair of the Assembly Committee on Health, medical marijuana was not even allowed a public hearing under his watch. In the 2019-20 session, medical marijuana advocates had high hopes as medical marijuana reform was not directed to his committee. He obviously did not co-sponsor the Republican GOP medical marijuana bill (AB 683) and he continues to give public statements oppossing any marijuana reform.
Holds office State Assembly District 15
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 15
- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, February 26, 1964; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Thomas More High School, 1982; attended Marquette University, 1982–84.
- Small businessman; currently operates a small Christmas tree farm. Owned and operated a landscaping business for 20 years.
- Member: St. John the Evangelist Parish, Greenfield.
- Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, 2008–12.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
- Additional appointments, 2019: Wisconsin Center District Board; Evidence-Based Health Policy Project Legislative Advisory Board.
Member of Juvenile Corrections Grant Committee
He does not believe there are benefits of medical marijuana. He was quoted in February 2019 saying, "There is no quantitative, definitive science and research that can prove the efficacy of marijuana for medical purposes."
State Capitol, Room 314 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708