Leading the way in the Assembly for legal marijuana in Wisconsin is Rep. Sargent. She earned her A.
She has announced she will not seek re-election to the assembly in 2020 and will be seeking the Senate seat of Miller who is retiring.
Holds office State Assembly District 48
- Born Madison, Wisconsin, March 28, 1969; married; 4 sons.
- Graduate Madison East High School, 1987; B.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991. Graduate Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development; Emerging Leaders Program, University of Virginia, 2014; Toll Fellowship, 2015.
- Small business owner.
- Member: Women in Government; WiLL/WAND; Emerge Wisconsin (board of directors); Dane County Democratic Party; Democratic Party; Make Room for Youth; Friends of Cherokee Marsh; BSA Glacier's Edge Council (board of directors).
- Former member: Midwest Shiba Inu Dog Rescue (president); Gompers PTO (president).
- Recipient: National Federation of Women Legislators Woman of Excellence; WiLL Pacesetter Award; Arc Dane County Elected Official of the Year 2014; Citizen Action Activist Achievement Award 2014; Eleanor Roosevelt Award nominee 2013; Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters Conservation Champion 2016, 2014.
- Dane County Board of Supervisors, 2010–14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Member of State Capitol and Executive Residence Board
State Capitol, Room 11 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708