Leading the way in the Assembly for legal marijuana in Wisconsin is Rep. Sargent. She earned her A.
She has announced she will not seek re-election to the assembly in 2020 and will be seeking the Senate seat of Miller who is retiring.
Holds office State Assembly District 48
Candidate in race for State Senate District 16
- Born Madison, Wisconsin, March 28, 1969; married; 4 sons.
- Graduate Madison East High School, 1987; B.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991. Graduate Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development; Emerging Leaders Program, University of Virginia, 2014; Toll Fellowship, 2015.
- Small business owner.
- Member: Women in Government; WiLL/WAND; Emerge Wisconsin (board of directors); Dane County Democratic Party; Democratic Party; Make Room for Youth; Friends of Cherokee Marsh; BSA Glacier's Edge Council (board of directors).
- Former member: Midwest Shiba Inu Dog Rescue (president); Gompers PTO (president).
- Recipient: National Federation of Women Legislators Woman of Excellence; WiLL Pacesetter Award; Arc Dane County Elected Official of the Year 2014; Citizen Action Activist Achievement Award 2014; Eleanor Roosevelt Award nominee 2013; Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters Conservation Champion 2016, 2014.
- Dane County Board of Supervisors, 2010–14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Member of State Capitol and Executive Residence Board
State Capitol, Room 11 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708