He ran for office as a Republican and spoke about marijuana reform on the campaign trail in 2018. He sponsored legislation his first session as a freshman Assembly Representative. He is leading the way to common sense reform within the GOP and for that, Rep. Sortwell has earned his A-
Read more about Shae and his work: https://www.northernwinorml.org/?s=Shae+Sortwell
Holds office State Assembly District 2
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 2
- Born Saratoga Springs, NY, August 3, 1985; married; 5 children.
- B.A. in Public Administration, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2006; Hazmat Tech certified, U.S. Army Chemical School, 2012.
- Former U.S. Army Sergeant, U.S. Army Reserve Chemical Corps, 2009–2018.
- Member: Disabled American Veterans; American Legion; Manitowoc Fish and Game; National Rifle Association.
- Former member: Wisconsin Right to Life (county chair); Gibson Town Board Supervisor (Operator and Emergency Response Team); Green Bay City Council Member.
- Elected to the Assembly 2018.
I have no strong stance on it except I don't see it as a great idea so long as it is federally prohibited. You never know when the feds may crack down and I don't want people thinking they are obeying the law and then made into felons by the feds.
I authored such a bill. Police should focus on more important things.
Yes, I support medical including home grows.
Assembly Bill 772 - Relating to: employer liability for not drug testing employees and prospective employees.
Assembly Bill 1005 - "Jury Nullification" and another for bail reform.
State Capitol, Room 420 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708