As an Assembly Representative he ignored constituents on the issue starting back in 2010. As a Senator he repeats his past performance and earns a solid F.
Holds office State Senate District 1
- Born Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, October 13, 1980; married; 5 children.
- Graduate Green Bay Southwest High School, 1999; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2003; graduate certificate from University of Wisconsin-Madison La Follette School of Public Affairs.
- Former communications and planning director, and environmental consultant.
- Member: Wisconsin Council on Domestic Abuse; Wisconsin Small Business Environmental Council; Family & Childcare Resources of Northeast Wisconsin (board member); Green Bay Area Crime Stoppers (board member); Van Handel Foundation for Families of Children with Special Needs (board member); Golden House Domestic Abuse Shelter Community Leadership Council; Brown County Taxpayers Association; Knights of Columbus.
- Former member: Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board, 2001–03.
- Additional appointments: Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board; Council on Tourism; Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
- Recipient: Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence Legislative Champion Award; Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator Award; Pro-Life Wisconsin Legislator of the Year; NFIB Guardian of Small Business Award; Wisconsin Family Council William Wilberforce Freedom Award; Brown County Crime Prevention Foundation Crimefighter Award; Manitowoc County Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition IMPACT Recognition; Wisconsin Coalition of Virtual School Families Shining Star of Education Reform; Phillips Foundation Distinguished Young Conservative Leader of the Year; Green Bay Area Chamber of Commerce Legislator of the Year; Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Legislator of the Year; Oral Health Partnership Children’s Health Champion; Wisconsin Towns Association Friend of Towns; Wisconsin Professional Police Association Legislator of the Year; Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association Legislator of the Year; U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform State Legislative Achievement Award.
- Legislature: Elected to Assembly 2010–2016. Elected to Senate 2018.
Member of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, Legislative State Supported Programs Study and Advisory Committee, Tourism, Council on and Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
Opposed since 2011: “At this point I would be inclined to oppose it not that I think it would get to the floor, but I just think the idea has too many red flags surrounding it right now to be able to proceed,” said then State Rep. Andre Jacque (R-Bellevue).
“Certainly whatever imagined revenue there might be, I think there would be certainly higher costs to society,” said Jacque.
Jacque has another view about the potential impact [of legalization], saying it would likely increase marijuana use among younger people and result in more people using marijuana before driving.
“Clearly the values that I consider are keeping our communities safe, looking out for our children, looking out for people in general,” he said.
State Capitol, Room 7 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707