Senator Chris Kapenga is a Republican from Delafield and holds the Vice-Chair position on the Senate Committee that is currently blocking even the Republican version of a medical marijuana bill (SB 750) from a public hearing. Senator Kapenga has consisting failed his constituency on cannabis reform and earns him another sesssion with a F rating.
2019 Senate Committee on Government Operations, Technology and Consumer Protection
(Chair) Senator Duey Stroebel (R – Saukville) (608) 266-7513 Email: Sen.Stroebel@legis.wisconsin.gov
(Vice Chair) Senator Chris Kapenga (R – Delafield) (608) 266-9174 Email: Sen.Kapenga@legis.wisconsin.gov
Holds office State Senate District 33
- Born Zeeland, Michigan, February 19, 1972; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Holland Christian (Holland, Michigan), 1990. B.S. in Accountancy, Calvin College (Grand Rapids, Michigan), 1994.
- Business owner. Certified public accountant.
- Member: Assembly of State Legislatures (copresident); NFIB; Elmbrook Church Financial Counseling (director).
- Former member: WSCA School Board (vice chair, treasurer, secretary); WICPA; MMAC; Institute of Management Accountants (board member).
- Elected to Assembly 2010–12. Elected to Senate in July 2015 special election. Reelected 2018.
State Capitol, Room 15 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882