Holding this office for a decade now, Republican assembly representative from The Town of Washington has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform since elected in 2010. Part of this district is in Eau Claire County which in 2018 passed an adult use advisory referendum by 54% and medical 84% support.
March 2020 Republicans circulated a decriminalization bill for co-sponsorship which he failed to co-sponsor.
Holds office State Assembly District 93
- Born Eau Claire, Wisconsin, January 24, 1955; married.
- Eagle Scout, November 1969; Badger Boys State, 1972; Graduate and valedictorian, Boyceville High School, 1973; attended University of Wisconsin-Stout; earned B.A. with highest honors University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1978.
- Worked 15 years in community relations for United Cerebral Palsy of West Central Wisconsin; cofounder of musical entertainment group “The Memories” (started 1972).
- Member: Eau Claire, Menomonie, Ellsworth, and Prescott Chambers of Commerce; National Rifle Association; Eau Galle-Rush River, Ellsworth, Durand, Rock Falls, and Arkansaw Sportsmen’s Clubs; Wisconsin Farm Bureau; Cleghorn Lions Club; Chippewa Valley Council of Boy Scouts of America (board of directors).
- Recipient: Wisconsin Veterans of Foreign Wars Legislator of the Year 2013; Wisconsin AMVETS Veteran’s Advocate of the Year 2014; Wisconsin Electrical Cooperative Association Most Enlightened Legislator 2016; Wisconsin School Nutrition Association Legislator of the Year 2018, 2016; Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce Working for Wisconsin Award (every term); Dairy Business Association Legislative Excellence Award (every term);Wisconsin Economic Development Association Champion of Economic Development Award 2018.
- Elected to Assembly since 2010.
- 54% – Be legal for adult, 21years of age and older, recreational or medical use, taxed and regulated like alcohol, with the proceeds from the taxes used for education, healthcare, and infrastructure in Wisconsin?
- 31% – Be legal for medical purposes only and available only by prescription through a medical dispensary?
- 15% – Remain a criminally illegal drug as provided under current law?
State Capitol, Room 103 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708