Receiving a high grade last session by co-sponsoring a varitey of billls, we hope to see her name on adult use/recreational marijuana reform if re-elected. This Madison area Democrat ran unopposed as an incumbent in 2018 and ended up co-sponsoring medical marijuana with home grows and smoking products, along with both versions for decriminalization for the 2019-2020 session.
Holds office State Assembly District 78
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 78 (D)
- Born Chicago, Illinois, June 17, 1971; single.
- Graduate Rich Central High School, 1989; B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1993.
- Full-time legislator. Former early childhood education/Head Start program manager; technical college instructor; nonprofit executive director.
- Member: National Foundation of Women Legislators (Wisconsin state director); Women’s Legislative Network of the National Conference of State Legislatures (executive board member).
- Former member: American Federation of Teachers.
- Recipient: National Foundation of Women Legislators Woman of Excellence; Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters Conservation Champion; Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central Wisconsin Breastfeeding Advocate Award.
- City of Madison Common Council, 2011–15.
State Capitol, Room 322 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708