Shemia Fagan (D - OR)
1. Will you support legislation that would increase safe, affordable access to patients?
Yes. We must not only ensure that patients are getting the best possible medicine, but that purveyors are able to serve patients effectively through common sense policies.
2. Will you support legislation to license and regulate cannabis consumption lounges?
Yes. The recreational use of cannabis is legal in Oregon. We must ensure that businesses have the opportunity to provide safe spaces to do so, not unlike a bar or hookah lounge.
3. Will you support legislation to end discriminatory practices against cannabis consumers in the workplace and housing market?
Yes. The recreational use of cannabis is legal in Oregon. It is counterproductive and undemocratic to discriminate against people partaking in a legal substance.
4. Will you support legislation to regulate cannabis producers and processors like breweries and wineries so they may give tours of their facility, provide samples and sell directly to consumers so long as they charge and collect taxes? (keep in mind the law requires all areas of the premises to be on camera)
Yes. I also think that this will attract visitors to our state and help the economy.
5. Will you support Oregon NORML's efforts to push for federal decriminalization and descheduling of the cannabis plant?
Yes. We should also retroactively expunge convictions against cannabis users from before it was legalized.
Know more about this politician's position on marijuana? Tell us!
900 Court Street Northeast, S-409
Salem, OR 97301