Senator Johnson sponsored both Adult Use / Recreational Marijuana and the medical marijuana bill that would allow home grows and smoking products for patients. She did not sponsor the decriminalizatin measure. She still gets an A for all she is doing.
Holds office State Senate District 6
Candidate in race for State Senate District 6 (D)
- Born Somerville, Tennessee, June 22, 1972; 1 child.
- Graduate Bay View High School, 1990; B.S. in Criminal Justice, Tennessee State University, 1997; attended University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1990—92.
- Full-time legislator. Former family child care provider/owner, 2002—12; insurance agent, 2000—02; financial employment planner, 1997—2000.
- Member: AFSCME Wisconsin Child Care Providers Together Local 502 (former president); AFSCME District Council 48 (former vice president); African American Chamber of Commerce; Emerge Wisconsin, Class of 2012; CBTU-Coalition of Black Trade Unionists; Milwaukee Democratic Legislative Caucus (former chair), Wisconsin Women in Government (former board member); Wisconsin Legislative Black Caucus.
- Elected to Assembly 2012 and 2014. Elected to Senate 2016.
Member of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Council and Wisconsin Center District Board
State Capitol, Room 19 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707