The Assembly Rep is the Chair of the Assembly Committee of State Affairs
Senate Bill 507 / Assembly Bill 570 (Medical Marijuana with home grows/smoking) and Assembly Bill 750 / Senate Bill 683 (Creation of a Medical Marijuana Program) are both stuck in Rep. Swearingen committee he Chairs.
Spring 2019 GOP Survey Results 63% support medical marijuana.
Rep. Swearingen maybe pushing "pill only form" of legislation, but he is still denying any cannabis reform from public hearings in his committee and for that reason we grade him a F.
Holds office State Assembly District 34
- Born Oneida County, Wisconsin, July 23, 1963; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Rhinelander High School, 1981.
- Restaurant owner/operator.
- Tavern League of Wisconsin (former president, zone vice president, district director); American Beverage Licensees (former member, board of directors); Oneida County Tavern League (former president, vice president); Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce; Oneida County Republican Party.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Member of Building Commission
State Capitol, Room 123 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708