Rep. Born has been somewhat quiet regarding his support for medical marijuana reform and comes in as a late co-sponsor to the Republican bill to create a medical marijuana program.
Mark Born is an American law enforcement officer and politician. Born in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, Born graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College. He then worked in the Dodge County, Wisconsin sheriff department. Born also served on the Beaver Dam Common Council.
Holds office State Assembly District 39
- Born Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, April 14, 1976; married; 1 child.
- Graduate Beaver Dam High School, 1994; B.A. in Political Science and History, Gustavus Adolphus College (St. Peter, Minnesota), 1998.
- Full-time legislator. Former corrections supervisor, Dodge County Sheriff’s Department.
- Member: Downtown Beaver Dam, Inc.; Friends of Horicon Marsh; Beaver Dam Area Arts Association; Dodge County Historical Society (vice president); Leadership Beaver Dam Steering Committee; Beaver Dam Lake Improvement Association (former vice president); Republican Party of Dodge County (former chair); Beaver Dam Elks Lodge 1540.
- Beaver Dam Fire and Police Commission, 2003–05; Beaver Dam City Council, 2005–09.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Member of Building Commission, Juvenile Corrections Grant Committee, Juvenile Corrections Study Committee and University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority
Co-sponsor of bill to create a program.
No home grows / no smoking products.
State Capitol, Room 324 East Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708