Hard to read at times, but proof is in the pudding. Rep. Schraa was a 2017 sponsor of decriminalization and a first Republican on the marijuana reform scene in many many years........ and now in 2020 sponsored a Republican version of medical marijuana to create a program here in our state. The legislation he sponsored was designed to get the issue a public hearing. The bill he sponsored is stuck in committee he is a member of, so who knows what the future holds for this Assembly Rep from the Oshkosh area. He has come a long way since 2013 and for his continuing efforts on the issue we does deserve at A- for this session.
Holds office State Assembly District 53
- Born Fort Carson, Colorado, April 17, 1961; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Oshkosh North High School, 1979; attended University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 1980–82.
- Restaurant owner. Former stock broker/investment advisor.
- Member: Winnebago County Republican Party (executive board); Fond du Lac County Republican Party; Calvary Son Rise Church (Oshkosh); Wisconsin Independent Business; NRA; Winnebago County Farm Bureau; Fond du Lac County Farm Bureau.
- Former member: Southwest Rotary; NFIB; Oshkosh Jaycees; Big Brothers Big Sisters; Exchange Club.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Member of Juvenile Corrections Grant Committee and Juvenile Corrections Study Committee
2017 Bill Sponsor
Limited medical marijuana only, no smoking, no home grows.
State Capitol, Room 107 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708