Unfortunately Republican Dave Murphy from Appleton has not sponsored any marijuana reform legislation since being elected to the State Assembly in 2012.
During 2019, the Assembly Republicans circulated and prefiled a bill for the 2020 legislative session to create a medical marijuana program in Wisconsin (Assembly Bill 750) which Assembly Rep. Murphy did not co-sponsor.
Rep. Murphy could save his failing grade by helping the medical marijuana bills "stuck" in committee and being denied a public hearing. Although Rep. Murphy is not a member of the Assembly Committee on State Affairs, we would ask constituents in his district to call Murphy and ask him to support AB 750 and call on the committee members to hold a public hearing.
Holds office State Assembly District 56
- Born Appleton, Wisconsin, November 26, 1954; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Hortonville High School, 1972; University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley, 1972–74; Wisconsin School of Real Estate, 1975.
- Full-time legislator. Former owner, fitness center and agribusiness; real estate broker.
- Member: Greenville Lions Club; Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- Former member: Paper Valley Soccer Club (vice president).
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.
Feb 2019: "oppose any push to legalize recreational use"
Feb 2019: Rep. Dave Murphy, R-Greenville, issued a statement saying he would support regulated medical marijuana if it ensures the safety of public roadways.
Possible YES vote to AB 683 per Republican bill sponsors.
State Capitol, Room 318 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708