Elected since 2014, this Tomah area representative has never co-sponsored legislation to reform marijuana laws.
In 2018 VanderMeer's campaign did not respond to multiple contact attempts from a USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin reporter which poised a marijuana question to her challenger.
During 2019, the Assembly Republicans prefiled a bill for the 2020 legislative session to create a medical marijuana program in Wisconsin (Assembly Bill 750) which VanderMeer did not sponsor. She was absent from any 2021-22 legislation Republicans presented.
Holds office State Assembly District 70
- Born Evergreen Park, Illinois, December 15, 1958; married.
- Graduate Evergreen Park Community High School, 1976; B.S. in Psychology, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, 1988; Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development class of 2017.
- Former automobile dealer; small business owner; family dairy farmer.
- Member: Jackson County Local Emergency Planning Commission; Farm Bureau; Gloria Dei Lutheran Church (former council president); Tomah Chamber of Commerce (former board of directors member); NRA; American Legion Auxiliary; board of directors of the nonprofit Handishop Industries; Monroe County Mental Health Coalition; American Association of University Women—Tomah Chapter.
- Former member: Tomah Memorial Hospital board of directors (former officer); American Business Women’s Association (former president).
- Recipient: Sparta Area School District Certificate of Recognition 2015; Wisconsin Child Support Enforcement Association Legislative Award 2016; Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians Friend of Family Medicine 2016; Dairy Business Association Legislative Excellence Award 2018, 2017, 2016; Wisconsin Library Association Wisconsin Library Champion 2016; National Foundation for Women Legislators Elected Women of Excellence Award 2017; U.S. Army War College Commandant’s National Security Program Certificate of Leader Development 2017; Tomah AAUW Mary E. Wedin Women’s History Month Award 2018; NCSL Early Learning Fellow 2018.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
- Committee on Agriculture
- Committee on Consumer Protection
- Committee on Health (Could be assigned medical marijuana bills)
- Committee on Labor and Integrated Employment (Vice-Chair)
- Committee on Mental Health
- Committee on Rural Development (Chair)
- Committee on Tourism
- Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs (Vice-Chair)
- Speaker's Task Force on Suicide Prevention
State Capitol, Room 11 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708-8953