A late addition as a co-sponsor of the recreational marijuana legislation at the end of 2019, along with original sponsorships of medical marijuana with home grows and decriminalization measures brings Rep. Shankland from Stevens Point to a A-
Holds office State Assembly District 71
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 71
- Born Wausau, Wisconsin, August 4, 1987; single.
- Graduate Wittenberg-Birnamwood High School, 2005; attended University of Wisconsin-Marathon County, 2004–05, and Marquette University, 2005–06; B.A. in Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2009; completed graduate work at UW-Stevens Point, 2017–19.
- Full-time legislator. Former nonprofit professional.
- Member: Born Learning Advocacy and Awareness Steering Committee; Wisconsin Legislative Children’s Caucus; Wisconsin Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus; National Caucus of Environmental Legislators; Young Elected Officials Network; Council of State Governments Henry Toll Fellow, 2013; Major, Wisconsin Wing, Civil Air Patrol Legislative Squadron (official Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force).
- Elected to Assembly since 2012. Leadership positions: Assistant Minority Leader 2015.
State Capitol. Room 304 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708