As a candidate on the campaign trail we know Rep. Kurtz heard from people who support marijuana reform.
The Freshman Republican assembly representative from Wonewoc has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform.
Holds office State Assembly District 50
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 50
- Born Columbus, Ohio, December 23, 1966.
- B.S. in Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, 1989; M.S. in International Relations, Troy State University (Troy, Alabama), 1997.
- Organic grain farmer. Former U.S. Army attack helicopter pilot 1985–2005, retired from active duty as a Chief Warrant Officer Four (CW4); Persian Gulf War veteran; Iraq War veteran.
- Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars (life member); Military Officers Association of America (life member); American Legion; Wisconsin Farm Bureau; Organic Farmers Association; Juneau County Republican Party.
- Elected to Assembly 2018.
October 2018: On the topic of marijuana legalization, Kurtz said he’s against marijuana for recreational use. “A lot of people are intrigued by the dollar signs and the revenue they can get from that,” Kurtz said, adding there were drawbacks to legalization as well.
Oct 2018 He noted he would be open to medicinal use of marijuana if hemp proved ineffective
State Capitol, Room 418 North Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708