Rep. Bowen sponsored adult use and medical marijuana legislatoin.
Holds office State Assembly District 10
- Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, January 28, 1987; married.
- Graduated Bradley Technology High School, 2005; Scholar of Education Policy and Community Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Member: Milwaukee County Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative Advisory Committee; Beyond the Bell Milwaukee (steering committee); Black Youth Project-100; African American Breastfeeding Network (advisory board); Democratic Party of Wisconsin (vice chair); State Innovation Exchange; Democratic National Committee State Leader (Super Delegate); People for the American Way Foundation (board); Association of State Democratic Chairs (Midwest Caucus Vice Chair); Young Elected Officials Network; National Black Caucus of State Legislators; National Caucus of State Legislators; Black Millennial Political Convention.
- Former member: American Legacy Foundation Activism Fellow.
- Recipient: Public Allies Alumni of the Year Change Maker Award 2013 ; Community Action Program Executive Champion Against Poverty; Young Elected Officials Network Leader of the Year-Public Service Leadership Award; Amani Neighborhood Award; Northwest Side CDC Unsung Hero Award 2014; Safe and Sound Borchert Field C.A.R.E.S. Certificate for Outstanding Community Building Advocate; Conservation Champion Award 2015–16, 2017–18.
- Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, 2012–14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Legislative Council Study Committee on School Data.
State Capitol, Room 126 North Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708