Republican assembly representative from Plymouth has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform since elected in 2015. He has not made any public news statements about the issue, despite having marijuana supporters attend his listening sessions and petitioning directly in his district.
Vorpagel sits on the powerful Assembly Committee on State Affiars that has been assigned both medical marijuana bills this session.
Holds office State Assembly District 27
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 27
- Born Plymouth, Wisconsin, March 24, 1985; married; 1 child.
- Graduate Plymouth High School, 2003; B.A. in Political Science, B.S. in Public Administration, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 2007. Completed 2016 Emerging Leader Program at University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
- Full-time legislator. Former district director, Congressman Tom Petri.
- Member: Sheboygan County Youth Apprenticeship Grant Advisory Committee; Sheboygan Elks #299; National Association of Parliamentarians; NCSL State Chair, Republican Party of Sheboygan County (former member executive committee); 6th District Republican Party (former vice chair); former Republican Party of Wisconsin Executive Committee; Major, Wisconsin Wing, Civil Air Patrol Legislative Squadron (official Auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force.
- Former member: Plymouth Rotary; Exchange Club (president).
Representative Tyler Vorpagel (R-Plymouth) serves the 27th Assembly District which includes
Kiel, Cleveland, Elkhart Lake, Howards Grove, Plymouth, Kohler, and Sheboygan.
State Capitol, Room 127 West Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708-8953