Wisconsin saw two versions of medical marijuana legislation for the 2019-2020 session and Rep. Novak sponsored both of them. With 84% of his district supporting medical marijuana reform and citizen lobbyists in the district reporting this rep supported medical cannabis, we expected Rep. Novak to make a move and award him a B+ for being one of the first Republicans in way too long to sponsor medical marijuana legislation.
Holds office State Assembly District 51
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 51
- Born Dodgeville, Wisconsin, April 23, 1965; 2 children.
- Graduate Iowa-Grant High School, 1983; attended Southwest Technical College, 1983–85.
- Former government/associate newspaper editor, 1990–2014.
- Member: Wisconsin League of Municipalities; NRA; Wisconsin Farm Bureau.
- Former member: Iowa County Humane Society (founding member, treasurer); Wisconsin Newspaper Association; National Newspaper Association.
- Recipient: Gathering Waters Policymaker of the Year; WISCAP William Steiger Human Services Award; MMAC Champion of Commerce; WMC Working for Wisconsin Award; WNA Legislative Service Award; WCA Outstanding Legislator Award; WPHCA Friend of Community Health Centers; WAFP Friend of Family Medicine Award; LWM Municipal Champion Award; CEF (Clean Energy Service) Clean Energy Champion; University of Wisconsin-Platteville Friend of the University Award 2018.
- Southwest Regional Planning Commission, 2012–present. Mayor of Dodgeville, 2012–present.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
State Capitol, Room 310 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708-8953