In 2018 the City of Superior decriminalized small amounts of marijuana and the City of Ashland approved measures about declaring a resolution to support both medical and recreational cannabis. The Democrat from Bayfield did not sponsor any legislation on marijuana reform in 2019-2020.
Holds office State Assembly District 74
- Born Ashland, Wisconsin, May 29, 1959; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Bayfield High School, 1977; B.S., Northland College (Ashland, Wisconsin), 1989.
- Full-time legislator. Former executive director, CORE Community Resources; Former board member Apostle Islands Area Community Fund.
- Bayfield County Board of Supervisors, 2010–15 (Executive Committee; Personnel Committee; Library Board chair; County Tribal Relations Committee vice chair; Northern WisconsinI Community Action Program Committee vice chair; Health Department Committee chair).
- Elected to Assembly since 2014. Leadership positions: Minority Caucus Secretary 2019, 2017, 2015.
State Capitol, Room 7 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708