Receiving a high grade last session by co-sponsoring a varitey of billls and leading the way on Industrial Hemp is Baraboo Rep. Dave Considine. He was critical in drafting our Industrial Hemp bill that was first passed into law. We hope to see his name on adult use/recreational marijuana reform if re-elected. The Democrat ran unopposed as an incumbent in 2018 and ended up co-sponsoring medical marijuana with home grows and smoking products, along with both versions for decriminalization for the 2019-2020 session.
Holds office State Assembly District 81
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 81
- Born Janesville, Wisconsin, March 29, 1952; married; 5 children.
- Graduate Mukwonago Union High School, 1970; B.S. in Education, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 1974; certificate in EBD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1990; M.A. in Education, Viterbo University, 2005; certificates—instructor certificate, autism spectrum, and enhanced verbal skills, Crisis Prevention Institute (Milwaukee), 2008, 2010, 2013.
- Full-time legislator. Former dairy goat farmer, special education teacher.
- Member: Columbia County Democratic Party; Pheasants Forever; Ducks Unlimited.
- Former member: Baraboo Education Association (president); American Dairy Goat Association (judge); Wisconsin Dairy Goat Association (president); Crisis Prevention Institute (instructor).
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
Member of Educational Communications Board
State Capitol, Room 303 West Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708