Marty Wilde (D - OR)
1. Will you support legislation that would increase safe, affordable
access to patients? Yes.
2. Will you support legislation to license and regulate cannabis
consumption lounges? Yes, with the caveat that they must protect employee health.
3. Will you support legislation to end discriminatory practices
against cannabis consumers in the workplace and housing market? Yes
4. Will you support legislation to regulate cannabis producers and
processors like breweries and wineries so they may give tours of their
facility, provide samples and sell directly to consumers so long as
they charge and collect taxes? (keep in mind the law requires all
areas of the premises to be on camera) Yes.
5. Will you support Oregon NORML's efforts to push for federal
decriminalization and descheduling of the cannabis plant? Yes.
I would also like to push the federal government to allow exports to countries where cannabis is legal. We have overproduced in the Oregon market. With Canada legalizing cannabis, there's a legitimate export opportunity that would significantly help cannabis businesses in Oregon. I expect that it's a long shot with this administration, but laying the groundwork now will help when there's a change of administration.
Know more about this politician's position on marijuana? Tell us!
900 Court Street Northeast, H-374
Salem, OR 97301