Rep. Plumer is a sponsor of the Republican Assembly Bill 750 Creation of a Medical Marijuana Program.
As a freshman Republican, his 2019 GOP Spring Survey showed over 70% support for medical marijuana.
He could have received a higher grade, but as Chair of Committee on Substance Abuse and Prevention he failed to recognize that medical marijuana could help and prevent substance abuse, a term we all know as harm reduction.
Holds office State Assembly District 42
- Born Sterling, Illinois, March 1, 1955; married; 4 children, 7 grandchildren.
- Graduate West High School, 1973.
- Small business owner, Plumer Karate America. Former route salesman for Kraft Foods for 30 years.
- Member: Lodi Area EMS Commission; Lodi Optimist Club; Project SEARCH (board member); Town of Lodi Board Supervisor; Columbia County Board Supervisor; Lodi Knights of Columbus.
- Former member: Lodi & Lake Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce (3-term president).
- Elected to Assembly 2018.
Member of Transportation Projects Commission
"He is not a fan of recreational marijuana" 2020 Campaign Interview
Although introduced late in the session, AB 1004 to decriminalize 10 grams or less of marijuana to a fine did not attract enough attention for Rep. Plumer to co-sponsor it.
2019 Assembly Bill 750 Creation of a Medical Marijuana Program: (No home grows / No smoking products)
State Capitol, Room 18 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708