Republican assembly representative from Oconomowoc was just elected in 2018 and in her candidate interview stated she is "vehemently opposed to THC in any form" has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform at all during her first two years in office. Despite her opposition, her office conducted a 2019 Spring GOP Survey which she asked her voting base which responded with support of marijuana reform.
During 2019, the Assembly Republicans prefiled a bill for the 2020 legislative session to create a medical marijuana program in Wisconsin (Assembly Bill 750) which she failed to co-sponsor despite public and district support. Now late into the 2020 session, Rep. Dittrich is flip-flopping on her social media policy and maybe giving public statements asking for a public hearing on the issue, it is unclear as her office does not return our phone calls or messages.
Holds office State Assembly District 38
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 38
- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 21, 1964; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Hamilton High School, Sussex, Wisconsin, 1982; Waukesha County Technical College, 1983; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1986.
- Non-profit leader (16 years).
- Former financial advisor (13 years); small business owner.
- Member: Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce; Crosspoint Community Church.
- Former member: Great Lakes Hemophilia Foundation (board of directors); Christian Council on Persons with Disabilities (board of directors); Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc (personnel committee member); St. Catherine of Alexandria (parish council, treasurer); Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce (ambassador); NORD Rare Disease Day (ambassador).
- Elected to Assembly 2018.
Oct 2018 candidate interview - Opposed!
Opposed Oct 2018
Feb 2020: Flip flopping her statements about THC/Medical Marijuana and now says on facebook comments Rep. Dittrich stated “Do you know we (Republicans) have a medical cannabis bill that has been introduced? I am opposed to recreational use but not opposed to looking at medical solutions.”
State Capitol, Room 19 North Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708