Republican assembly representative from Oconomowoc was just elected in 2018 and in her candidate interview stated she is "vehemently opposed to THC in any form" has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform at all during her first two years in office. Despite her opposition, her office conducted a 2019 Spring GOP Survey which she asked her voting base which responded with support of marijuana reform.
During 2019, the Assembly Republicans prefiled a bill for the 2020 legislative session to create a medical marijuana program in Wisconsin (Assembly Bill 750) which she failed to co-sponsor despite public and district support. Now late into the 2020 session, Rep. Dittrich is flip-flopping on her social media policy and maybe giving public statements asking for a public hearing on the issue, it is unclear as her office does not return our phone calls or messages.
Holds office State Assembly District 38
- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 21, 1964; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Hamilton High School, Sussex, Wisconsin, 1982; Waukesha County Technical College, 1983; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1986.
- Non-profit leader (16 years).
- Former financial advisor (13 years); small business owner.
- Member: Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce; Crosspoint Community Church.
- Former member: Great Lakes Hemophilia Foundation (board of directors); Christian Council on Persons with Disabilities (board of directors); Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc (personnel committee member); St. Catherine of Alexandria (parish council, treasurer); Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce (ambassador); NORD Rare Disease Day (ambassador).
- Elected to Assembly 2018.
Oct 2018 candidate interview - Opposed!
Opposed Oct 2018
Feb 2020: Flip flopping her statements about THC/Medical Marijuana and now says on facebook comments Rep. Dittrich stated “Do you know we (Republicans) have a medical cannabis bill that has been introduced? I am opposed to recreational use but not opposed to looking at medical solutions.”
State Capitol, Room 19 North Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708