Candidate in race for State Senate District 11
Jackie Fielder was born in Long Beach, California, and lives in San Francisco, California. She earned a bachelor's degree in public policy and a master's degree in sociology, both from Stanford University in 2016. Fielder’s career experience includes working as a lecturer, activist, and educator. She is the co-founder of the San Francisco Public Bank Coalition.
Answers to NORML's questionnaire:
1. Are you in favor of the legalization of marijuana for medical or recreational purposes (or both)?
Yes. I support the full legalization of marijuana for both medicinal and recreational purposes.
2. Would you support lowering taxes on legal cannabis in California at the state level?
No. The industry could absolutely be streamlined to be more successful, but part of ending and reversing the War on Drugs is utilizing the newly legalized industry to invest in communities most impacted and repair the damages done for decades by funding our education system, affordable housing, and other critical programs in modernizing California’s economy.
3. Would you support a bill to protect the employment rights of cannabis users in California?
Of course. A central element of my campaign is protecting and expanding workers’ rights, and that includes ending the War on Drugs. With Just Cause termination, we can protect workers’ rights and reverse the stigmatization of cannabis users in the workplace.
4. Would you support a bill to protect pain patients’ rights to prescription medicines if they are using doctor-recommended cannabis?
5. What measures would you take to support opening licensed cannabis businesses across California, including in your district?
I’m a supporter of the equity program model in San Francisco, which ensures competition and provides benefits for new cannabis entrepreneurs who have directly faced the impacts of the devastating War on Drugs, though I would like to see better streamlining to prevent costly delays and help our small distributors get their businesses off the ground.
Post Office Box 210261
San Francisco, CA 94121