"Open to medical", "medical marijuana use regulated by a doctor", "supports medical marijuana" are all things we can find in the news archives and what we hear from him in district of Green Bay. He has been around since the late 80s and we are sure he has heard from enough people over the years to form his opinion and muster courage to sponsor a bill. This would have been the session, but the lead authors on the Republican bill to create a medical marijuana program have two problems.
1) The bill SB 750 is stuck in the Senate Committee
2) The need one more Republican Senator to co-sponsor SB 750 and the Senate will have majority support for medical marijuana in the Senate.
For the above reasons and a few more we give him a grade of D+ and almost failing, but this Senate district could be a little higher should he co-sponsor SB 750.
Holds office State Senate District 2
Candidate in race for State Senate District 2
- Born Green Bay, Wisconsin, July 31, 1950.
- B.S. University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 1975; graduate work University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
- Current small business owner and legislator. Former director of an alternative energy division for a communications construction company.
- Member: Allouez Kiwanis; Salvation Army Volunteer; National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (board member).
- Elected to Assembly 1982–86 (resigned 4/21/87). Elected to Senate in April 1987 special election. Reelected since 1988.
Member of Highway Safety, Council on and Transportation Projects Commission
Unknown - ask him if you live in his district!
State Capitol, Room 118 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882