Assembly Rep. Wirch (D-Keosha) has been elected since 1992 and is a member of the Assembly Committee of State Affairs.
Rep. Wirch was the only Democrat to co-sponsor the Republican medical marijuana legislation. Senator Wirch was singled out back in October 2019 as not being a co-sponsor of the bi-partisan medical marijuana effort (SB507).
Holds office State Senate District 22
Candidate in race for State Senate District 22
- Born Kenosha, Wisconsin, November 16, 1943; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Mary D. Bradford High School; B.A. University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 1970.
- Full-time legislator. Former factory worker and liaison to JTPA programs; served in Army Reserve, 1965–71.
- Member: Danish Brotherhood; Kenosha Sport Fishing and Conservation Association; Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
- Former member: Kenosha Boys and Girls Club (board of directors).
- Kenosha County supervisor, 1986–94 (served on Health and Human Services Committee, Welfare Board, and Developmental Disabilities Board).
- Elected to Assembly 1992. Reelected 1994. Elected to Senate since 1996. Leadership position: minority caucus chair 2003.
Member of Migrant Labor Council and Sporting Heritage Council
State Capitol, Room 127 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882