We did not hear much publicly from this Assembly Representative. Although supporters in the district have said in conversations with the Edming, they felt good about his support for medical marijuana, we are never sure until they sponsor something in writing. The Spring GOP Survey in the district yielded 67% support for medical marijuana. The good news is that Rep Edming sponsored both versions of medical marijuana bills this session, along with a companion bill to protect privacy of firearms owners who are also medical marijuana patients earned him a A-. The bad news is all bills are stuck in committee.
Holds office State Assembly District 87
- Born Ladysmith, Wisconsin, November 22, 1945; married; 3 sons, 2 granddaughters, 1 great-granddaughter.
- Graduate Flambeau High School (Tony), 1964; Teacher’s Certificate Taylor County Teacher’s College, 1967; attended University of Wisconsin-Superior, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, University of Wisconsin-Menomonie, University of Wisconsin-Barron County.
- Convenience store owner, metal stamping company owner, farmer. Former frozen pizza manufacturer.
- Member: 3rd degree Master Mason; 32nd degree Scottish Rite; Shriner; NRA (gun instructor); Model T Ford Club; Wisconsin Self Storage Association; St. Joseph’s Hospital Advisory Council (Chippewa Falls) 2018–present; Rusk County Hospital Board, 1980–82, 2010–18.
- Rusk County Board of Supervisors, 1976–87.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
Sponsored bills to expand treatment options (CBD oil) for terminally ill patients
State Capitol, Room 109 West Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708-8952