Early in 2019 he also seemed to know his Republican colleagues in the Assembly were working in their caucus to put a medical marijuana bill together.
In December 2019, the Republicans prefiled a bill for the 2020 legislative session to create a medical marijuana program in Wisconsin (Assembly Bill 750/SB683). AB 750 lead author was Rep. Mary Felzkowski (R-Irma) who is one of the three assembly districts in the 12th Senate District. Senator Tiffany did not co-sponsor this legislation (SB683) in the Senate. He Failed!
Holds office U.S. House District 7
- Born Wabasha, Minnesota, December 30, 1957; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Elmwood High School, 1976; B.S. in Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin-River Falls, 1980.
- Dam tender, Wisconsin Valley Improvement Company.
- Member: National Rifle Association; Ruffed Grouse Society.
- Town of Little Rice supervisor, 2009–13.
- Elected to Assembly 2010. Elected to Senate since 2012.
Member of Sporting Heritage Council
April 2019: When asked about decriminalization in the Governors Budget: Senator Tom Tiffany with the “think of the children” argument: “I find it outrageous that he [Governor Tony Evers] claims to be ‘for the children’ when we are beginning to understand the impact of marijuana on the brain, especially for young people.”
1714 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515