Senator Ringhand (D-Evansville) has co-sponsored the Grow Your Own/Smoking Medical Marijuana Bipartisan bill, but has remained "undecided" about recreational marijuana and has not co-sponsor any decriminalization measures this session. As Minority Caucus Vice Chair in the Senate, her lack of support for recreational marijuana hurts the already conservative Senate and does not set the best tone for the Democratic Caucus in general.
Holds office State Senate District 15
- Born Madison, Wisconsin, February 13, 1950; married; 2 children, 5 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren.
- Graduate Evansville High School, 1968; Associate Degree Madison Area Technical College, 1985.
- Full-time legislator. Former accountant for small businesses, executive director of nonprofit.
- Member: Evansville Chamber of Commerce; Evansville Energy Independence Team.
- Former member: Stoughton Hospital Board (chair); Creekside Place, Inc. (board of directors); Evansville Community Partnership (secretary).
- Evansville City Council, 1998–2002, 2008–10. Mayor of Evansville, 2002–06.
- Elected to Assembly 2010–12. Elected to Senate since 2014. Leadership positions: Minority Caucus Vice Chair 2017; Minority Caucus Secretary 2013.
Member of Building Commission, Legislative State Supported Programs Study and Advisory Committee and Women's Council
Supports medical marijuana, undecided on recreational.
Medical with Home Grows: https://www.northernwinorml.org/2019/10/19/sb507-ab570-medical-marijuana-legislation-for-2019-20/
State Capitol, Room 108 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882