Although Senator Hansen only sponsored SB 507 Medical Marijuana allowing home grows and smoking products, he has always supported total cannabis reform including legalizaton and decriminalization and that is why we give this Seantor an A-
Senator has annoucned his retirement and will not seek re-election in 2020.
Holds office State Senate District 30
- Born Green Bay, Wisconsin, December 18, 1947; married; 3 children, 11 grandchildren.
- Graduate Green Bay West High School; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 1971.
- Full-time legislator. Former teacher. Former truck driver for Green Bay Department of Public Works. Former Teamster’s Union steward.
- Former member: Brown County Human Services Board (chair); N.E.W. Zoo Advisory Board; Brown County Education and Recreation Committee (chair); Great Lakes Compact Commission.
- Brown County Board supervisor, 1996–2002.
- Elected to Senate since 2000. Leadership positions: Assistant Minority Leader 2015, 2013, 2011, 2005, 2003; Majority Leader 2009 (effective 12/15/10); Assistant Majority Leader 2011 (effective 7/24/12), 2009, 2007.
Member of Transportation Projects Commission
State Capitol, Room 323 South Post Office Box 7882
Madison, WI 53707-7882