Republican assembly representative from Franklin has not co-sponsored any legislation on marijuana reform since elected in 2013. In 2018 candidate interviews he said he was opposed to medical marijuana, but is becoming more educated on the subject.
March 2020 Republicans circulated a decriminalization bill for co-sponsorship which he did not co-sponsor.
Holds office State Assembly District 82
- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 31, 1938; widowed; 2 children.
- Graduate Boys Tech High School, 1958; journeyman carpenter, MATC (Milwaukee), 1961; NARI certified remodeler.
- General contractor; radio host, monthly talk show; 4-H construction skills instructor; seminar speaker, Wisconsin Burglar and Fire Alarm Association and WPR. Wisconsin Air National Guard, 1956—62.
- Member: Milwaukee/NARI Foundation (trustee, former president); Franklin Noon Lions Club (trustee, former president); Polish Heritage Alliance (board member); Knights of Columbus (former deputy grand knight); National Rifle Association (patron life member); Ducks Unlimited (life member); Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (life member); South Suburban Chamber of Commerce (former board member); Milwaukee/NARI Chapter (former president); NARI National Foundation/NRF (former president).
- Former member: Franklin Lions Club (president); NKBA Wisconsin/Upper Michigan Chapter (treasurer); City of Franklin Plan Commission; City of Franklin Economic Development Commission (chair); City of Franklin Community Development Authority; City of Franklin 50th Anniversary Committee (chair).
- Recipient: City of Franklin Distinguished Service Award, 1983; Lions Clubs International Melvin Jones Fellowship Award, 1995; Remodeling Magazine Big 50 Industry Impact Award, 1992; National Brand Names Foundation First Place Remodelers Award, 1972; Milwaukee/NARI Chapter Hank Fenderbosh Award, 1995; Harold Hammerman Award (nominee) 1994—95; Lifetime Achievement Award 2002, 1997; VFW Department of Wisconsin Legislator of the Year Award 2018—19.
- Alderman, City of Franklin 2005—14.
- Elected to Assembly in December 2013 special election. Reelected since 2014.
State Capitol, Room 209 North Post Office Box 8953
Madison, WI 53708