So in researching this we wondered why Rep. Doyle did not sponsor anything and found a few news article about Rep. Doyle and marijuana reform in his area.
In all fairness and to close out, we do believe he supports medical marijuana, as Rep. Doyle was a past co-sponsor of the medical marijuana bill in 2017. We do not know if he supports recreational marijuana, but 63% of La Crosse County supported adult use in the 2018 referendum.
Holds office State Assembly District 94
Candidate in race for State Assembly District 94
- Born La Crosse, Wisconsin, May 21, 1958; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Aquinas High School, 1976; B.A., University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, 1980; J.D. , University of Wisconsin Law School, 1986.
- Attorney. Former instructor, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
- Former member: Family Resource Center (board member); Family and Children’s Center (board member); Coulee Region Humane Society (board member, president).
- La Crosse County Board, 1986–present (chair, 2002–11).
- Elected to Assembly in May 2011 special election. Reelected since 2012.
- Leadership positions: Minority Caucus Vice Chair 2019, 2017.
- Elected to Assembly in May 2011 special election. Reelected since 2012. Leadership positions: Minority Caucus Vice Chair 2019, 2017.
July 2018: Doyle previously opposed the marijuana question because he was worried it would distract from the more important question of how to fund upkeep of the county road system. After hearing from a lot of Democrats who wanted him to support the ballot measure, he decided to seek some balance from the other side of the aisle.
State Capitol, Room 124 North Post Office Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708